Powered by Blogger.
RSS

The Jungle Book (free choice)

Lauren Slouffman

The Jungle Book (2016)

I saw The Jungle Book in theaters last weekend because I love the previous disney version and heard how good it was from a lot of people.  Included in the people that said how good this movie is is one of my dad's "poker buddies." Before I left for the theater my mom said "oh Lauren you know it is going to be good because one of the guys at poker last night would not stop talking about how good it was, and you know he had to be serious or else he would get beat up."  Because of timing issues I saw The Jungle Book in 3D.  I am not usually a huge fan of 3D because it can give me a slight headache and I freak out when things pop out at me, but this was a very good film for 3D/it was very well created.  I have not seen the Disney version of The Jungle Book in so long that as I was re-watching the story with "live" characters I realized how many of the details and characters I had forgotten about.  

Neel Sethi, Mowgli, did an outstanding job at being the only human on the screen and at capturing all of the qualities of a man-cub.  I was blown away to find out that he is only twelve years old and this is his first feature film ever.  Funny story: a few minutes into the movie I couldn't help but vocalize my thoughts that Neel has the perfect dancer legs, but that it is fine he chose acting because he is pretty darn good at it.  Bill Murray, as the voice of Baloo, and Ben Kingsley, as the voice of Bagheera, were both excellently casted.  The number of very well-known actors and actresses that were the voices of characters fascinated me as well.  I have to give a shout out to the one and only Scarlett Johansson who is the voice of the snake, Kaa.  Her voice is incredible as we all know, and is especially perfect for the sly and entrancing snake character.  

The animations in this film are all superb, because of how realistic all of the animals look.  I was so interested to see how they pulled it off and read an article online that showed pictures and explained some of their techniques.  Remaking timeless classic films can be very dangerous but this one did not fall flat in any area.  I highly recommend seeing this film whether you have seen the Disney version or not.  9/10.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment