Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Double Indemnity (Film Noir)

           This is the first Film-Noir movie I have ever seen, and it was very entertaining. Even though this film was made in 1944, I felt like it was a film that could be enjoyed by audiences of all ages and generations. The plot of this film is adapted from of novel of the same title, and the story is very original. I recognize many stories that have taken pieces of this plot that have been released more recently. This is a classic Hollywood thriller that is deserving of its praise and several Oscar nominations.
          I really appreciated the phenomenal acting of this film more than anything. My favorite actor in this film was definitely Edward Robinson in the role of Keyes. I loved his quick-wittedness and his mannerisms. The scene where he refutes the notion that Dietrichson committed suicide then proceeds to viciously quaff water was one of my favorites in all cinema I have ever experienced. Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray certainly filled their roles well, too. The themes of this story are timeless too. The overarching ideas of corruption and descent into evil are ones that can be seen in a large number of stories today. The camera work was well-done and the sound was as well. It is hard to judge these much, as I am not sure how the technology was different at this time as compared to the technology I am used to seeing in more modern movies. In all, I would recommend that all see this if they wish to see a Film-Noir (which all should), and I would rate it 9 broken legs out of 10.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment