Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Film Noir

For my film noir film I chose to watch Chinatown. I chose this movie just because I was looking at a list of film noir movies and I saw this one and was pretty sure you mentioned it. Anyway this movie starts out really interesting, to be fair it never stops getting interesting it just gets a bit creepy. I really liked the setting of the movie in L.A. and in the 30's it helps to give the movie some historical context. I found the acting to be fantastic. The actors really create these intricate, dark characters. I think Polanski did a great job in casting. I thought that the editing, cinematography, and sets were fantastic. The dialogue was great, and some lines just really make you listen and think. This movie is a pretty dark movie which become extremely evident closer to the end of the movie. The whole incest thing was sad, creepy and made me a bit angry because I mean incest wth. And the very ending of the movie is pretty depressing not just because of how it ends but also what it implies about what might happen if it weren't the end of the movie. I think for the genre this film is great, towards the end it wasn't as great for me personally but I think it really got the point across. I'd give this movie a 8/10.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment