Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Open Choice Film

Mamma Mia (2008)

I watched Mamma Mia because who doesn't need a good throwback to ABBA every now and then.  I decided to watch it when Alec told me he did not know what the band ABBA was, and I remembered this movie had Meryl Strep so it has to be decent.  The story was very cute and had really good incorporations of the music.  The setting was also beautiful because it was Greece even though the only people in the movie are either American or British which was really weird actually.  The comedy was definitely there even if it was a bit cheesy at times, but the movie did have good characters.  I was pleased with the ending where Sophie decided not to marry her young love and maybe wait a bit before doing that, but however her mom did have to marry her dad as soon as they found out who it was which was kind of disappointing.  I really did like the premise of the plot and how it everything about her having possibly three dads was very light hearted rather than centered around her mom being ashamed or anything like that.

7/10

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment