Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Sunset Blvd. (Film Noir)

For my Film Noir movie I decided to watch Sunset Boulevard. I was not sure what exactly this type of movie would entail but I have to say I throughly enjoyed watching it. Although it was black and white (I normally don't like these) the movie still grasped my attention. What I liked mainly about this movie is that it began with the ending. This left me as the audience waiting to see how exactly the ending got to be what it is. Especially since the ending was a dead man I started to pick up throughout the movie that the dead man ended up being both one of the main characters and the narrator. Norma added the eeriness that this film had. You would never know how to take her as a character whether you should feel bad for her or be scared of her. Max the butler and ex husband also added a creepiness to the movie that left the audience wondering what was going to happen next. Over all I think it was very well written for being a two hour movie I never seemed to get too bored of the plot. It ended with a twist but a twist that most saw coming because of the way the film started.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment