Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Animated

For this review, I threw it back to a classic: Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron. When I was younger and obsessed with horses, Spirit was my favorite movie. I loved the soundtrack by Hans Zimmer who has worked on movies such as Gladiator, The Dark Knight Rises, and Interstellar.

Spirit follows a wild mustang a leader of the pack as he is taken from his home to work for the US government. He manages to escape the compound they try to bridle him into and meets a Native American named Little Creek. Him and Little Creek then go on to outrun the US patrol and the climax features Spirit jumping over a ravine. The movie puts the US Government in a negative light as it shows them expanding into the mustang homeland with trains and slaughtering Native Americans who are featured as peaceful.

Voice acting is done for Spirit by Matt Damon and I'm in love with Matt Damon. He should have won the Oscar this year but that's another story. His rich voice makes you fall in love with Spirit and makes you have a crush on the horse.

I would give this film a 10/10.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment